Albert Musick, an attorney for Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District (THPRD), established Tualatin Hills Park Foundation in 1958 as a non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that THPRD would become a permanent legacy for future generations.
The first director trustees were Elsie J. Stuhr (founder of THPRD), Virginia Robinson, and James Sare.
Since its inception, Tualatin Hills Park Foundation has supported THPRD programs by taking the lead on projects that require funding beyond what the Park District can accomplish with tax revenue and user fees.
The Foundation has a proud legacy of supporting programs that allow all people - regardless of age, abilities, income, etc. - better access to THPRD's outstanding parks, facilities and programs.
It raised capital to support the inclusive playground at Camp Rivendale, a summer day camp providing recreational opportunities for children and/or young adults who have physical and/or developmental disabilities. Since 1984, more than 10,000 children and adults have enjoyed the joy of camp at Camp Rivendale.
Additionally, the Foundation helped establish the district's scholarship program, which provides much-needed financial assistance to individuals and families who couldn't otherwise afford to participate in THPRD classes and programs.